Coordinator: Prof. A. Moret Rodrigues
The activities of the Group are organized in the following major topics related to Construction: (i) Construction Materials, Technology and Management Innovation; (ii) Sustainable Construction; (iii) Monitoring, Rehabilitation and Conservation of Built Heritage; and (iv) Fire Behaviour of Materials and Structures.
The Group has an intense activity in the following areas:
- University and fundamental research activities;
- National and international standardization committees;
- Organization of national and international conferences;
- Participation and leadership in Post-Graduation courses (namely FCT Doctoral Programmes);
- Academic events, in Portugal and abroad;
- Expert consultancy work (institutional and company-related) in several domains, primarily in relation to construction pathology, inspection and rehabilitation.