Coordinator: Prof. António Pinheiro
The group covers a significant number of topics, which include different fundamental hydraulics research and cross-cutting issues, such as:
- CFD modelling of turbulence, hydraulic circuits, hydraulic structures and fish passes.
- Pump, hydropower and pumped-storage systems.
- Fluid structure interaction in pressurized systems
- Water-energy nexus.
- Asset management of water supply and distribution systems.
- Hydraulics and aeration along stepped spillways and cascade drops.
- Impact of driftwood on hydraulic structures.
- Turbulence in vegetated channels
- Dam-break flows and overland tsunami propagation.
- Morphodynamics of river confluences.
- Scour at bridge piers and abutments.
- Fish behaviour assessment in pool-type fishways.
- Mitigation strategies and shelters for fish submitted to hydropeaking regimes.
- Modelling of extreme events, near the coast.
- Wind-wave modelling and coastal morphodynamics: from the near shore till the surf zone.
- Shoreline evolution.
- Residual agitation inside harbours.